Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Laughs, Love, and some Weirdness

This afternoon we were able to leave school a little earlier than normal and avoided the major traffic. As we approached home, I had the thought to visit David's old day care to say 'hi' to his old friends. He agreed as long as I would be there and it would involve playing:).

Here is a humorous conversation that David was essentially having with himself on our way there:

D: "You're a silly boy, mommy!"
M: "I'm not a boy!"
D: "No, you're not a boy. Mommy's a woman and daddy's a man and David's..... not a girl.... I'm a silly boy. No, I'm not silly...I'm just a boy!"

Ok, that wasn't related to our trip to the day care at all, but it was funny nonetheless.

Once we arrived at day care David transformed into a mute. He said pretty much nothing. "Is he talking?" they asked. I tried to explain that he is talking non-stop, but they probably thought I was lying- oh, David!

THEN the former love of his life entered the room. Gabby. I must admit he has wonderful taste in girls. Gabby is the day care provider's daughter and is currently in the fourth grade. She has a quiet, sweet, and loving disposition. She is also very beautiful.

Now, if his reaction to her is any indication of how he will act around girls that he likes in the future, the poor little guy has no chance. He literally FROZE. No kidding. I have never seen him like that. His hands were on the truck and he just stopped and refused to look at her (although his eyes raised shyly every once in a while). Once he got up the courage to give her a hug...he was pretty much stuck to her the remainder of the time we were there. He ran for a few minutes, but then preferred to snuggle next to her and lay down in her lap. Oh boy...I have my work cut out for me in trying to convince him that girls have cooties!!





No comments:

Post a Comment