Three years ago today, this young man became a part of our family forever. Oh, I remember how excited I was for that day!
I'm horrible about remembering adoption days, though. I only remembered because Facebook has those memory photos from years ago and his adoption day picture showed up! Hey - I'm just being honest here:).
Anyway, because we don't really celebrate adoption days I had to explain to him why it was special and I think it was really good timing because with the little guy leaving, he needed the extra reassurance that he wasn't going anywhere.
I gave him three cookies for dessert - one for each year since his adoption. Really, he deserves 5 1/2 cookies because that is how long we have been together as a family including time before his adoption. He enjoyed the cookies very much.
My dear Anthony - I love your smile - the one you show us when you are genuinely happy. And I love the way your eyes just light up when you are excited about something. You have such a kind heart and have this great ability to make little ones laugh. You are smart and determined and drive me crazy sometimes, but oh how I love you - forever and no matter what. I thank God every day for the privilege of being your mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment