Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Case Closed

Yesterday, upon returning home, I saw that someone had tried to call from social services. 

Normally my curiosity about why they called would be sky high, but yesterday I decided to finish up some things before listening to the message. 

When I finally listened to the message it was about some questions before closing out Little D's case. 

Closing his case. It just seems so final. I would imagine that they are relieved because he had already been in foster care longer than he should have been.

I called and was asked how we were all doing - how the boys were handling everything. 

Wow. I just can't tell you how much that means. We are truly blessed to work with individuals who could so easily dismiss our family and how this goodbye would affect us, but who instead have such care and compassion. 

 I hung up the phone and reassured myself that while his case might be officially closed, Little D will never ever be considered a 'closed case' in our family. Never. 

Here is a picture of my crazy boys getting ready to make a silly video for their little brother.

We miss him more than words can express. 


No comments:

Post a Comment