Today was the day his dad was going to change hotels and there was a gap of four hours between check out at one and check in at the other.
Last night, God gave me the idea of calling the new hotel to see if they could check in early. I sure prayed it would work out because the back and forth and pick up arrangements were a little daunting to me.
And guess what?? There was a room available! I was praising God and so thankful that Little D wouldn't have to leave his dad (he is becoming more clingy with him).
The pick up tonight went alright. Little D. wanted to stay. I really think he is ready for an overnight. Maybe we will start tomorrow? His therapist hasn't answered my email yet.
How I feel: A little depressed and irritable. This in between stage is difficult. I have so much I still need to do (finish his blessing book, help the big boys finish their goodbye gifts, etc.), but all I really want to do is be by myself and cry.
How the big boys feel: Anthony continues to talk about how he is going to miss Little D and this is good. David tends to be fine until the evening and then he becomes more solemn. I should probably take time to talk with him about his feelings every night before bed, but I have been so worn out by the time they get to bed that I haven't done it. Tomorrow I will.
How Little D. feels: He is definitely pushing boundaries with his dad and likely getting away with quite a bit. He doesn't have much of an appetite lately and I think he just wants to be in one place. We'll see if we move up the transition by one day or not....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment