Sleep. I used to be a really good sleeper. I used to fall asleep quickly and wake up feeling pretty refreshed and ready to start the day.
This has not been true lately. Lee so patiently listens as I ramble about all of the things I need to remember for the next day and then talk about how much I miss our little guy and how desperately I just NEED to know how he is doing and if he is ok....I just need a few more pictures to get me through the week. I fall asleep and wake up multiple times during the night. I have horrible dreams and usually wake up with a headache.
This is just how things are. While I would love a good night sleep, I know this is just a season and so it doesn't really stress me out. Of course, I tell myself that I would sleep much better if I could just see a picture of my little man smiling or read how things are going. I need patience. I need peace.
I do wake up VERY thankful that our mornings are really low key. The boys are such great learners and our homeschool days have been fun - much more productive and spontaneous.
Ok, so on our way to all of our therapy sessions this afternoon, I took out an old CD and replaced it to one we hadn't listened to in a while. It was a little bit of a mystery because it wasn't really labeled, but when we heard the songs - oh, how it brought me back!
Anthony remembered too: "This one was Baby C's favorite song! Whenever he was upset in the car it would calm him down."
I calms me down too:). As I listened to the words, I smiled and thanked God for the reminder that there is peace in Him.
I've got peace deep down inside of me. God's peace and love have set me free. Jesus said, "Don't worry." That's good enough for me. I've got peace deep down inside of me.
The flowers in the fields and the birds up above. Don't worry 'bout a thing they know Jesus' love. Just like the splendid flowers I'll blossom and grow...just like the peaceful sparrow I will always know -
I've got peace deep down inside of me. God's peace and love have set me free. Jesus said, "Don't worry." That's good enough for me. I've got peace deep down inside of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment