It isn't as easy as you would think.
Taking the time to grieve.
It is so tempting to let life just move full speed ahead.
Little D. made it safely to his destination with his family.
We saw pictures and it was such a relief to see him smiling.
Today was a full day.
My mind wanted me to forget, but my heart wouldn't let me.
A friend sent an email about a 5 year old girl in need of an adoptive family. I told the boys so that we could pray for her. Wouldn't you know it, David enthusiastically said we should adopt her and that he would give up his bed and sleep on the couch. He begged and said that he really really wanted a sister. I smiled, what a big heart my young man has!
Normally, I would smile and secretly share in David's enthusiasm. This time, however, I felt so tired and so very sad. I couldn't even bring myself to imagine "how this could work." I explained to David that sometimes you just need to take time to be sad when you say goodbye to someone you love.
Anthony, relieved that someone finally shared in his hesitation, joined in on my explanation: "Yeah, it is important to take time to be sad because if you take care of another baby and are still feeling sad, you might just start crying while you are changing their diaper or something. And you don't want to do that, you want to be happy."
I'm not sure when or if we will get the time we need to really recover from this loss. Our month ahead seems so very full, but I know we need to set aside time.
As I was looking through my Bible tonight, God gave me this verse that I want to memorize during this season:
"In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength."
Isaiah 30:15


I have been saying prayers for your family during these trying times. We all learn a little something, don't we. M wants a sibling in the worst way and has figured out all the details. Where she will sleep, go to school....I just wonder if she will feel that way once we get a placement. Another learning time! Keep the faith. Donna Weed
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Donna. It really means a lot to us. So are you officially back on the list?? I will be praying that when it happens, the transition is smooth for M and her new sister:).
Delete