Our day started out so well!
We joined a dear friend in her ministry of feeding the day laborers here in Springfield. The boys were so happy to pass out bags of trail mix and (A) was adorable. He cheerfully approached each man and said, "Heeya go!"
Then, after an appointment for (A), David had a meltdown. A complete meltdown. Screaming, crying, flailing his body around. In public. Did I mention he was screaming bloody murder? Good times. I love it when he decides to publicly display his frustration. One lady offered to keep him there at the health department...haha...I almost took her up on it. Just kidding!
Now for the 'Randomness'...
Ice cube painting. So simple and fun. Here is what we did:
- I filled a bowl with water and let them use medicine droppers to squeeze and drop water into an ice cube tray (this is not necessary, but David needs to strengthen his fine motor skills so it was a fun way to target that!)
- We dropped in food coloring
- Mixed it with sticks we had gathered from outside
- Covered with saran wrap and poked sticks through
- froze and the next day...painted!
This picture below is just to document that even though David's behavior has been less than stellar, at least he is eating well! Here he is enjoying a red pepper and a fajita. For those of you who know how picky David is...this is a big deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment