All I can say is that I am thankful for my husband's job. Extremely thankful. David stayed home with Lee yesterday from day care because he woke up with a 102.5 fever (day 5 of fever). Today I was planning to go into work because it was Lee's day off and he was going to take A for his 3 year physical. Well, David woke up with a 103.3 fever (day 6 of fever) and so I stayed home to take A to his physical so that Lee could take David back to the doctor. They have different doctors which makes things a little more complicated when they have to have appointments on the same day.
A's physical went well. Everyone was so impressed with how much calmer he was and how much more he was talking. We are so proud of him and he is very proud of himself- it is adorable.
David's doctor is concerned that he has had so many long lasting, high fevers. He prescribed antibiotics and recommended that we make an appointment with the pulmonologist and perhaps with infectious diseases to make sure that there isn't an underlying cause. Oh boy.
Anyway, I'm excited that I get to be home most of the week in order to actually take them to these appointments and I suppose that I should be thankful for more opportunities to practice patience and trusting God with the health of my children.
This upcoming weekend is a busy one. We are visiting with A's grandparents, his brother, and his mom. It will be interesting to see how he reacts. It is a little much, I think....we probably won't group them together like this again.
So I have had mixed emotions today. A lot of ups and downs. It has been hard not to be able to talk with Jaqueline. I've felt disappointed about that. I've felt joy as I watch A blossom before my eyes. I've felt overwhelmed with the thought of everything we have planned tomorrow and disappointment that I won't have a good amount of quality time to visit Ashley's grave. I've felt worry for David and exhaustion from lack of sleep. I've felt thankful for my amazing family and a little nervous about what might happen in A's future.
I think I might spend some time praying that God provides Jaqueline with comfort and peace...praying that both A and little A end up in families where they are meant to be (whether that be our family or with family members)...praying that God heals David's body and helps the doctors to figure out what is causing his illnesses.
I think I might also spend some time thanking God for bringing all of these amazing children into our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And I will be thanking God for the gifts of you and Lee. You continue to teach me so many things. I pray you will be able to speak with Jaqueline soon, that you have quiet time to reflect, grieve and heal. I will be thinking of all you throughout the day. Hugs and love!
ReplyDelete