Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mommy-David Time

I am so thankful that David is not by nature too jealous or possessive. (A) gets a lot of my attention because he needs it and I need to show him that I am trustworthy and reliable.

I do my best to balance my time and attention between them both. (A) is just more needy and so he tends to require more time.

Lately I noticed that David was working hard to get negative attention from me and it was then that I realized he needed some alone time.

So tonight we did something special together. Lee and I had not bought his Christmas present since we were in California and we decided it might be fun for him to help us shop for it. I asked Lee if it was alright if this could count as our 'alone time' and he agreed.

My sweet son has such a big heart. It is so easy to miss this when he is acting silly and doing his best to ignore my directions.

On our way to go shopping for his gifts, this is what he initiates as the topic of our conversation:

"Mommy some people don't have houses and so they are going to be cold. We need to buy them a house so that they can be warm and cozy. They need food too so that they won't be hungry."

Wow. I thank God that he has such a heart for serving and loving others already.

Our time together was precious. He is the easiest child to shop with! I mean, imagine you walk into a toy store and tell your 3 year old that they can pick any two toys they want. You'd expect to leave with a child in tears because they can't get everything they want, right?  Well, he picked out two toys (a trumpet and a recycling truck) and was interested in a few others, but after we looked through all the aisles, he announced, "Ok, I think this is good."

It was really special to spend that time with David. Below is a picture of him enjoying our home-made pizza for dinner yesterday. Both he and (A) had a blast making it!


David continues to have a fever (mostly in the evenings) and so please pray that we are able to determine what is causing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment