This morning David decided he wanted oatmeal for breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised because he has always refused to eat oatmeal.
So I made him some oatmeal and then he decides he does not want it. Hmmm.
My response? "You need to eat five bites and then you can be all done."
Oh the crying and screaming. The running away from the table...the bringing back to the table.
I was at the sink doing dishes when I decided that I might as well try that 'think of one positive' technique. It couldn't hurt. So I took a deep breath, went over to him and said, "David, you were so brave to choose oatmeal for breakfast this morning. I wonder if you can be brave and take those five bites."
Well, wouldn't you know it...he stopped crying and took five bites!! Crazy. I can't believe it worked.
In case you were wondering...no techniques were needed to convince him to taste the falling snow:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment