Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

David's California Quotes

I've shared these with family members who informed me that I need to write them down and so here it goes....David's quotes over the past week or so. Interestingly most of his talking occurred in the car. Or maybe that was because most of our time was spent in the car? Who knows!

1) While driving in the car after visiting the San Diego Zoo, David overheard us discussing how we should spend the later afternoon. He chimed in:

D: "Mommy! I prefer to go to the beach."
M: "You what?"
D: "I PREFER to go to the beach, mommy."
M: "Thank you for sharing your preference, David."

2) I sat in the back of the van with David one night and he reached over, held my hand, looked into my eyes and told me, "I'm so special to you, mommy." Yes you are, David.

3) Again, in the car- David finished eating a snack and shouted to me,

D: "Mommy! My food is coming up into my throat!"
M: "Hmmm ok, you must have eaten too much. Tell it to stay down."
D: (begins yelling out 'or else' statements)
M: "Maybe it will listen if you ask it nicely to stay down?"
D: "I can't talk to my food, mommy, because I can't put my head down into my stomach!!"
M: (laughing- I had no response to this)

4) While waiting in line for the restroom at the San Diego Zoo (not sure why you need to know this, but I'll give you the setting nonetheless), David randomly recalls an activity that we did together over the summer.

"Remember yesterday when we mixed blue and yellow and they made GREEN??"

Apparently he remembered it like it was yesterday:).

5) Lee's parents live on a camp and out of their window you can see a mountain with a white cross on top of it. One day, Lee told David we were going to hike up there and he was NOT fond of that idea at all until Lee told him that there was a surprise at the top. With that information, he was ready to go!

Of course, hiking a few miles uphill with two kids was not our idea of a vacation so I'm not sure why Lee even mentioned it in the first place:). Anyway, we explained that there was a cross at the top and what the cross means and how Jesus showed us how much he loves us by taking away all of the bad things that we have done. It isn't easy explaining why Jesus died for us to a 3 year old. Any suggestions?

Anyway, after that...every time David would see the cross, he exclaimed,

"Look at the cross on top of that mountain. It reminds us from (he replaces of with from:) Jesus and how much he loves us!"

6) Last, but not least. David's shoes were soaked during his Disney trip and because I packed light...they were his only pair. To be honest, he needed a new pair of shoes anyway so we stopped at Payless and picked up a pair of 'light up' Cars shoes. Of course, these are the only shoes he wants to wear now and apparently he was trying to decide what should become of his previous pair. This is what he decided:

"I think we should give my shoes for another child who doesn't have shoes. Is that a good idea, mommy?"

Here is a picture of my little man in front of a cactus. He learned about cactus in his class at school and was VERY excited to inspect this plant up close! Well, not too close, of course:). 

Alright- Goodnight! It is officially 8:30pm...on the West Coast:).

No comments:

Post a Comment