Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Huge Relief and The Little Things

Huge Relief
Not knowing where Jaqueline was, if she was safe, or if she was even alive was not easy. Knowing that the chances of me ever finding out what became of her were slim to none, was difficult for me to accept.

I had a hard time sleeping, checked facebook many times a day (and I am not actually that big of a fan of facebook) to see if she had responded to my message, checked my email as soon as I woke up and right before bed....tried texting an old cell phone number of hers (didn't go through), and debated contacting someone about a missing person in Mexico. Did I mention that I prayed? I prayed for her constantly...at CVS, in the shower, in the car...I also prayed that God would calm my heart about it too!

Perhaps I was a little crazy, but you'd be crazy too, right?

Last night I received the best gift ever. As usual, I checked email right before bed and.....an email! An email from Jaqueline!! Praise God. I had re-sent all the emails I had sent over the past few months to a different email address and so she was probably sensing my urgency to get in touch with her:).

She wrote that she is doing well with God's help. She thanked me for being her 'mom' and for caring about her. She thanked us for showing her and Ashley what it meant to be in a real family. Jaqueline inspires me to continue fostering. She inspires me to love others. I thank God for using Jaqueline and Ashley to be an inspiration to me and so many others.

Needless to say, that email was a huge relief. I was smiling from ear to ear and slept well. She is going to try to call this weekend and I hope to get a chance to hear her voice. Next, I am going to pray for a way to see her in person!



The Little Things
For those of you who know me, you know that I am not a spender. I don't care for shopping and am blessed to have amazing friends who pass on clothing to me!

However, the other day I bought socks from COSTCO. I figured it was time since many of my socks were developing holes. Mmmhmmm. Can I tell you how excited I was about my new socks? I really was excited. Ask Lee. He thinks I am strange:).

We haven't really spent much on furniture because we don't really have much to spend. For a while now, though, we have been looking for a new dresser. Lee has a dresser in our bedroom. We got it for free from a nice couple who found it on the side of the road. It is nice, but it has a broken knob and has seen better days. I look on Craigslist every now and then, but have never found anything worthwhile that we can afford.

Finally, the other day I found a nice dresser! It was only $25. What do you think? I'm excited because it makes our house feel more like a home to have real furniture in it haha. Oh, it's the little things. Unfortunately for Lee, we used it in the kids room for their clothes. I'll have to keep looking for one for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment