Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Letter to My Soon to Be Son

I should be sleeping right now. Catching up on rest. I need to write this first, though.

Dear A,

I have never met you, but I am going to be your foster mom for a year because your birth mom is not able to take care of you right now. My sweet boy, I am going to love you and do my best to take care of you and comfort you. This has to be so confusing...to say goodbye to your mommy, but not know when you will see her again. My heart breaks for you both. I know that you need her and she needs you.

While I am waiting for you, my arms will be getting ready to hold you while you cry...my mind will be getting ready to learn about you so that I can best meet your needs...and most importantly, my heart is preparing to love you like my own son. You deserve nothing less.

While I am waiting for you, I will pray that your arms will be getting ready to reach out to be held so that you can be comforted...that your mind will be getting ready to try to understand and process this great loss that you have experienced....and most importantly, that your heart will be preparing to trust and allow us to love you like our own. You deserve nothing less.

It's ok if you feel angry...it's ok if you feel sad...it's ok if you feel a million different emotions all at once. We will be here to love you no matter what and pray that God uses us to help you and your mommy heal.

Love,
Kaari (or mom...whatever you end up calling me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment