"We know love by this, that he laid down his life for us- and we ought to lay down our lives for one another. How does God's love abide in anyone who has the world's goods and sees a brother or sister in need and yet refuses to help?" 1 John 16-17
Why Love Orphans? from Christian Alliance for Orphans on Vimeo.
Lee and I attended a training all day yesterday entitled "Too Many Losses: Loss and Grief Among Foster and Adopted Children."
Listening to the speaker's personal stories of what children have suffered and how they have expressed their grief in such deep ways really broke my heart and re-inspired me as a foster parent. While we are waiting, we need to be praying for these children who are experiencing hurt in ways we cannot comprehend and who have more loss than I can fathom.
God works in mysterious ways sometimes. We haven't yet been called for another placement, but instead God is calling me back to work full-time temporarily. I love what I do, but struggled with the decision. He made it clear, though, and so back I go! I am praying that God equips me and uses me for whatever His purpose is in this change of circumstances.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment