I didn't realize that when they sent a request for David's birth records, that they are actually changed to include our names as his parents. Does anyone know the reason for this? It feels strange to me. He is my son through and through, but I didn't give birth to him. His mother did and I feel like this has been dismissed by replacing her name with ours. We have the adoption papers that say we are legally his parents...why do they have to change his birth certificate? I don't know if I like that...just my opinion.
Anyway, A was SO excited to see his (foster) mommy today when she came to pick him up! David had such a great time playing with him. He didn't cry when he left, but was quiet. Later, he shared, "I miss playing with A." David is definitely ready for a brother or sister....in my opinion.
David and I were able to visit a young woman and her four children this afternoon. We met her through Jaqueline and she has such a big heart. She is a single mother and works incredibly hard. She and her children have been through a lot. It was nice spending time with the boys, helping the oldest with his homework, and reading to her daughter. David had a blast playing with the kids, although, he was a little scared when he saw the boys fighting. Both he and the little girl (practically the same age) giggled as they hid under the table together. It was cute. He didn't want to leave! I was surprised when her oldest son, 10 years old, asked us to stay and demanded to know when we would return ("Are you coming back tomorrow?"). I pray that God will give us other opportunities to visit and build a stronger relationship with this family. I also pray that Lee will have the chance to spend time with these boys who are in desperate need of a strong male role model.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment