So um....I love my kids, but David has been giving me a run for my money lately! I'm sure it is a mix of medication, change, lack of sleep, not eating as much....there are so many factors to choose from.
No matter the cause, his behavior has been incredibly challenging lately. I had a feeling that part of it had to do with the lack of quality time we had together and so this afternoon, while A was still taking a nap, Lee stayed home and I took David with me for a grocery shopping and dinner date:).
Before we left he was crying and whining about the shoes we were putting on, but as soon as we got outside and started walking to the car by ourselves, he was like a different child! He was able to hold a conversation...we laughed...enjoyed a COSTCO dinner...he was patient and listened and acted more mature (unlike the crying, whining, "I can't doooo iiit" attitude we've experienced all week).
It was wonderful. I told him how nice it was to spend time with him. I felt more like a normal mom. More patient...more loving..
Then we got home. The David I knew as my son suddenly left the building. Really? How does that happen so fast? Since when does my little boy spit water into his food and then spit water at ME??
Overall, though, the night went well (A actually climbed into his crib and wanted to go to sleep!) and I feel slightly more sane after having that time with David.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment