Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

One Year Ago...

Ashley had finished celebrating her first birthday...



Jaqueline had taken her to three different doctors and she was given three different diagnoses...



Little did she know that in just 11 days, Ashley would have a seizure that would bring her to the hospital where she would be diagnosed with a brain tumor...


A life changing journey of love and sacrifice was about to begin. Jaqueline would make the decision for her daughter to take a MedEvac from Chiapas, Mexico to Washington DC....without her.



I really haven't spent much time sitting and thinking about where we were a year ago during this season. I suppose my boys' busy-ness has something to do with that along with the fact that I have had so many opportunities to process and even share about what happened with Jaqueline and Ashley.

Unfortunately, I don't think that Jaqueline has been able to fully process and think about what transpired a year ago. The pain and exhaustion were so much deeper for her and so the need to continue to express what is going on in her mind is so much more important. She is struggling. I wish that she could be here or I could be there...she just needs someone who understands...someone she feels safe with - to cry and scream or whatever she needs.

Please pray for Jaqueline...that God would provide her with a mother-like friend since her mother is not emotionally available for her right now. She desperately needs that in order to continue to heal from all of the hurts she has experienced in her 19 years of life.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe it's been a year. This brought tears to my eyes to think about it. I'll be praying for Jaqueline.

    ReplyDelete