Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A few days ago I wanted to write with complaints about doctor appointments and how they are never-ending because certain doctors don't seem to know how to diagnose an ear infection...causing us to make multiple appointments until they finally see it. We are so ready for A to have those tubes in place!

Last night I was thinking that I should write about how I need to change my expectations so that I don't get as frustrated when David tries out some of the behaviors that we are working with A to diminish.

This morning I was thinking that I should write about how we are overcoming the recent 'food struggle' with David.

This afternoon I wanted to brag about how well the boys are beginning to play with each other.

An hour ago, I was searching online for homes with THREE bedrooms instead of TWO so that nap time doesn't have to be such a chore.


However, at the moment, I think I'll just stick to a brief overview of the weekend with a few pictures to go along!

We survived the six hour drive up to NY only because we left at 7pm and the boys slept most of the way:). We will pretend that my car's transmission didn't almost die on our way up...

It was SO special to see my parents, sis, brother-in-law, and PRECIOUS niece. She woke up in the middle of the night (or maybe early in the morning) on our first night there and I jumped out of bed because I thought one of the boys had fallen! It was only Naomi crying and I would have been happy to hold her all night long, but I let Erin put her back to bed.

Here is a picture of her awake:



The boys both helped grandma make Jello in the kitchen and soaked up attention from the family. I calculated that they were able to play nicely and unsupervised for about 30 seconds at a time. Thankfully, daddy taught them how to play ping pong and watched a few movies with them. It gave me time to read a book and snuggle with my niece:).




Setting up and decorating the Christmas tree was definitely the highlight for all. The boys were mesmerized and extremely excited to help out.



We returned home safely last night and were so thankful to have been able to spend time with family for Thanksgiving. We are now looking forward to Christmas in California!

Travel by car with two boys- check.

Travel by plane with two boys....ready or not:).

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you guys. :) It is going to be a lot of fun.

    In Christ,
    Joshua :)

    ReplyDelete