Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Welcome to the World!

At 6:15 this morning, my dad called to let us know that my sister's water had broken and that she was in labor!

I jumped out of bed, packed our suitcase, fed David breakfast, and we were on our way!

While driving, David inquired:

"Why is Auntie Erin in the hospital?"

"Why does Naomi need to come out?"

David and I sped to New York and made it in a record 5 hours:). I must admit that my foot might have been a little heavy on the gas toward the end there, but I will blame that on the fact that about one hour prior to arrival, David announced, "Mommy, I need to poop!" I tried to distract him for an hour by talking animatedly about everything and anything we saw. It was pretty much impossible for me to stop while driving over bridges so I for about an hour I was cheering him on- "You can do it, David- you can hold it!" I was fully prepared to clean up a huge mess, but believe or not...David made it. What a relief!

Ok, so...my precious niece kindly waited to be born until about 15 minutes after we made it to New York.

Naomi Anne was born a big 8 pounds and is 21 inches tall. She is precious - her nose and mouth looks just like my sister's when she was born and she takes after her daddy from the eyes on up! Here is a picture:


David was a trooper and kept busy for about 7 hours at the hospital rotating between grandma, grandpa, and mommy. Here are some photos from his day:). He can't wait to meet his baby cousin on Sunday morning when they arrive home!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Erin on her new baby. That is very exciting. Hopefully, we can see the new arrival soon in California or fly out to New York. :)

    In Christ,
    Joshua :)

    ReplyDelete