This has been an amazing summer so far and I can't believe how fast the weeks are flying by! It has been really special to be able to spend so much quality time with my son. We laugh, we bake, we make music and dance, we play in the water, we paint. Sure, sometimes he whines and I get impatient...sometimes he cries and screams and I turn up my music, but most of the time we love being around each other. I am so thankful to have a son with so much joy and with such a kind heart.
------
Quick story before I share David's summer photos:
We were driving home a day early from NY because David developed a fever and was coughing quite a bit. Here is a short conversation we had as we were on our way home...
Me: "David, can I pray that God will help you to feel better?"
David: "Oh yes, mommy."
Me: "Dear God, please help to heal David's body so that he doesn't cough anymore. Amen."
David: "Mommy? Can you pray that baby Naomi doesn't get sick from me?"
Me: (Wow- didn't expect him to think of that!) "Of course, David! Dear God, please protect baby Naomi from any germs and keep her healthy. Amen."
-----
Now for the Summer Smiles!!
David was obsessed with the Gingerbread Baby books and couldn't wait to make one of his own!
Yeah, mommy couldn't figure out how to cut out gingerbread boy shapes and so we 'pretended' that these gingerbread cookies had legs, arms, and a head. Actually, David ran around our kitchen after an imaginary gingerbread baby for about 8 minutes while we were waiting for the cookies to bake so I don't think he was too disappointed!





No comments:
Post a Comment