Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hard Conversation & Kid Quotes

Hard Conversation

Lee and I sat down with Anthony yesterday afternoon and gave Anthony some disappointing news about his birth mom.

He was really sad....I've never seen his little face look that sad for that long. He just put his head on my shoulder sat with me for ten minutes..completely silent. We prayed for his birth mom and for him.

This kid amazes me with his cheerful spirit, though. It wasn't long before his smile returned and this morning he woke up feeling "excited because I can't wait for my life book to come!"

We ordered his Life Book...a picture book that tells the start of his life story from birth to his adoption. It was a labor of love for sure and has been a work in progress for close to two years.

The timing is really perfect as the book reinforces how special and loved he is by all of the people in his life- including all of his birth family.

------------------

David Quote 

"Mommy, you work so hard to take care of us while we play and have fun. Today I want you to relax while I take care of you."

What a sweetheart!

Anthony Quote 

He put on my name tag from a conference I recently attended (Child Welfare League of America). He wore it proudly and announced, "I am a SOCIAL WORKER!" 

Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment