Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Laughter & Reminder of Purpose
This is my first post using my iPad so please excuse typos.
I'll be honest, these past two weeks have been challenging. (A) has had strong emotions and he externalizes them. We have our own emotions to sort through as well, but mostly we are attempting to be a calm, strong anchor for our little man during this storm.
It is exhausting. It is also really hard when you know that the future holds something painful. It is hard when all you wish for is something to look forward to...but all that might be considered fun and exciting has this blurry fog of pending loss.
Can I sound more depressing? Well, that was how I was feeling and this morning it was REALLY hard to wake up and get ready. The constant headache probably caused by stress doesn't help either! Anyway, my husband prayed for me and God gave me such wonderful gifts today.
He gave me the gift of being able to share with a co-worker about how purposeful God is in who he places in our family. She asked how it happened that (a) was placed in our family and was then diagnosed with a hearing loss? I mean what are the chances that this little man would just happen to be attending the best school for children with hearing loss at the time of his diagnosis? It was such a beautiful reminder to me that there are no accidents.
The second gift was that of laughter...with a friend and with my boys. I had not realized how long it had been since I laughed that hard. It was such a relief just to sit back and be silly with my boys:).
So we keep on going... And days like these are what give me hope that the sadness does not last forever. Thank you, God, for the chance to experience your peace and joy amidst the storm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment