Today, after school, David excitedly hands me a picture.
I look at the image of a large flower next to a smiling girl with three hearts on her body and hearts surrounding the picture. At the bottom I am able to read "I LUV MOM" written two times. David points to the letters at the top of the page and explains to me, "Mommy, this says, 'My love is in your heart' and I made this for you so that whenever you get frustrated with us, you can look at it and feel better."
Note to self...be more patient in the morning when David is taking his time getting ready for school:).
It is the best picture anyone has ever drawn for me and it makes me SMILE every time I look at it.
Oh, and one more David quote that makes me laugh. This one happened on our morning drive to school on Wacky Wednesday. The boys were describing what was wacky about their outfits and (A) asked what was wacky about me. I explained that I had a meeting that morning and so I couldn't dress wacky.
David reassures me, "It's ok, mommy you still look wacky."
THANKS!
All I have to say is....
Five Year Olds Rock
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment