Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Talk of Heaven

About a week ago, while we were driving home on the HOV, there was traffic. We didn't know why until we passed a man who had been hit on the 395N. His body was in plain sight for everyone to see. Not the best when you have young kids in the car. I don't think David and (A) saw anything too horrible, but it was still slightly traumatic.

Tonight we were driving home and there was traffic again on the HOV. Not sure why, but it must have triggered a memory for David because he started talking about the man who tried running across the road and got hit and died. This conversation then lead to talk about heaven and here is what David had to say about that:

"Mommy, I wish I could be in heaven right now. I'm so excited to go there because I get to be with Jesus. He is my friend and I trust him. He loves us and takes care of us. Ashley is in heaven with Jesus right now. I wonder what she's doing there."

Then the boys had a conversation about super heroes and David explained, "Batman and Spiderman and Superman are pretend super heroes, but Jesus is a real life super hero."

He went on and on and I was just baffled by some of what he had to say. Don't you just love it when God talks to you through your kids?

I feel very blessed by my two boys.




No comments:

Post a Comment