Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Answered Prayer & Family Walk

Thank you for your prayers for the 11 year old girl and her newborn son! We just heard that he was able to join her where she is living...an orphanage/foster home. The judge is still deciding about what is best, but for now she is able to spend time and bond with her baby. I love learning about answered prayer.

 (Alternate Blog Title: Mr. Logic & Mr. Random)

Tonight we took a family walk. Our first ever family walk. Oh, we've walked together many times as a family, but always with a purpose. This was our first, 'just enjoy the weather, check out all the colors of the leaves on the ground, pick a flower if you want, walk just for the fun of it' type of walks. It was REALLY nice!

Well, most of us enjoyed it. David, however, being Mr. Logical, couldn't get over the fact that we were walking so far for no reason. "Why are we walking this far?" he kept asking me. "Do you know how to get back to our house? Are we lost?"

I think it is hysterical how different our boys are. (A) is as far from logical as you can get. He is so creative that he often leaves us wondering what in the world he is talking about. For example, on the way home from school today we were talking about hair color. David mentioned that two of their teachers had no hair. (A) thought about this for a while and then said, "I'm going to roll them up and squish them together like play dough."

WHAT?

"(A) are you thinking that their heads are like play dough?"

"Yes!" he says with a smile.

I just laughed and told him, "(A), God made you so imaginative and creative and when you grow up, you can use those qualities for great things!" (hopefully it will have absolutely nothing to do with squishing heads together)

Alright. I need to stop right here, though, and encourage you to look back to (A)'s other quotes that I have on this blog (My Interpreter). Isn't his language amazing? He is making such incredible progress. Yeah for The River School!

Ok...time to call it a night.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment