The doubt.
The questions.
The "What ifs..."
These can take over and make me feel like a nervous wreck. And so I need to consciously replace them with statements of thankfulness.
What if his eczema flares up again?
I am thankful that God has answered prayers and has given him a period of relief as we prepare him to leave.
What if he gets frustrated when he isn't understood?
I am thankful that God has blessed him with a wonderful ability to communicate through nonverbal means.
What if his new mom doesn't take the time to hold him and rock him and nurture him the way he needs?
I am thankful that his new mom seems sweet and loving.
What if he feels rejected and angry and acts out?
I am thankful that God has given him a deep desire to love.
What if we never see or hear about him again?
I am thankful that God has given us this opportunity to love and care for him and develop a relationship with his family so that there is more of a chance of us staying connected.
No comments:
Post a Comment