Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

In Every Detail

This is just too good not to share. 

There I was...waiting in line at CVS to fill a prescription for one of our sons. I go there every month. They are the only CVS that I have found that consistently has this medication. For two years now - they have always had it. 

Except for tonight. Strange. 

We were out of it (and he needs it daily) so I had to try another CVS. To be honest, I was doubtful that they would have it because they had not in the past. Sure enough, though, they did! It was just going to be a 40 minute wait. 

Trust me, his ADHD meds are worth the wait:). 

Anyway, this particular CVS was in the shopping center with Lifeway Christian Bookstores and I had just told Lee that I had planned to buy Little D a Spanish/English Bible to take with him. Since I was there and had a ton of time to wait, I decided I would go ahead and buy it for him. 

It was almost closing time and I was the very last costumer. I slid the Bible across the counter and explained to the cashier that it was for my foster son...it was his favorite Bible and I wanted him to have it before he left. 

She smiled and rang me up. 

Then she did something that took me by surprise. As she finished our transaction she said, "And before you go, we are going to pray over this Bible." She took both of my hands and prayed the most incredible prayer...lifting up to God what I have been praying for Little D since day one. Tears brimmed my eyes and as she prayed with such power that I knew the words were not just hers. 

I thanked her for the special gift she had given me and as I walked out and they locked the doors behind me, I was in awe. 

Early last month two women on separate occasions approached our Little D and asked to pray over him (for healing of his skin). We did not even KNOW them! And I don't think it is any coincidence that his skin has been almost completely clear for almost an entire month now:). 

Then tonight....and I realized that it was no accident that my usual CVS did not have his medication. It was no accident that the wait was so long at the other store. God knew I needed to hear that prayer...that I needed to be at that store buying that Bible at exactly that time. 

Wow - what an incredible reminder that God is in EVERY. SINGLE. DETAIL. 

I praise Him for all that He has done, is doing, and is going to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment