On our second day, we went in search of some medications to help Jaqueline. We went to the Farmacia (pharmacy), but had no luck in finding what we needed. We ended up peeking into this walk-in-clinic and asking a doctor to help us. He was very very kind and helpful. I asked Terri to ask him if he worked with children. He was in the process of becoming a pediatrician and didn't currently see children, but gave us the number and address of a pediatrician. I'm just going to be honest here and say that this doctor was very handsome in addition to being very kind. It certainly crossed my mind that he would make an excellent husband to Jaqueline and father for Frida- is that horrible? I just so want the best for Jaqueline. Only God knows, but I can still dream, right?
Ok, so back in Jaqueline's room...the medicine helped her tremendously and she was starting to feel more like herself. Frida slept a lot during the day:
Here she is getting her first (herb) bath from her Abuela:
and lots of attention from her American grandma- me:)
Upon our arrival on day 3, we could tell that something wasn't quite right. Jaqueline's mom urged her, "Tell them what happened." She had found blood in Frida's diaper twice. I watched as Jaqueline held Frida and stared into space with somewhat of a blank, but pained look. I knew that look. I had seen that look before....when Ashley was in bad shape and Jaqueline wasn't ready to let her go. I could see her literally wrestling and preparing herself for another heartbreak. "Tienes miedo," I said and embraced her. She nodded.
We took a taxi to the pediatrician. You know, I don't even think they make car seats in Mexico. Jaqueline sat in the back seat with Terri who was holding Frida. I sat in the front praying for safety. We arrived at the pediatrician's office and were told it would be an hour wait. We told the taxi we would call him when we needed a ride home.
We were called in to see the doctor sooner than planned and wouldn't you know it- this pediatrician was a Christian too! He checked Frida, explained that blood is normal due to the hormones passed on by mom and prescribed eye drops and vitamins that they should have given her in the hospital, but didn't.
After getting the medicine prescribed and settling back in at her home, Jaqueline was like a new woman.
And Frida just continued as usual- sleeping peacefully.
Tomorrow I will share about conversations God allowed us to have with Jaqueline and her mom.
Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment