Fall is a special season for our family. We tend to add members each year during this time. NO...we didn't get a call for a placement...yet:).
David's birthday is in June, but he joined our family almost 4 years ago on my birthday - September 20th. Best birthday gift ever.
Tonight, I spent time looking through his foster care binder. I read through old court documents and monthly foster parent observation forms. It was strange remembering how I felt during those times not knowing how much longer David would be with us.
I wonder how David's birth mom is doing right now. We will be seeing her soon, but I know this must be a hard month for her.
(A)'s case is so different. Our wondering has really been put off until a certain time. Not sure I'm ready for that, but in the meanwhile I am thankful that we have had the opportunity to connect with his mom and most recently- his aunt. God is always so faithful to give me little glimpses into WHY things happen the way that they do.
Almost 3 years ago, we welcomed our first daughter into our foster family.
2 years ago, Jaqueline and Ashley were a part of our family. It was around this time that Jaqueline had emergency surgery for apendicitis and was then preparing to return to her family in Mexico.
1 year ago in October, (A) joined our family right after God had me return to work full time. It was craziness, but God was so gracious to quickly answer my pleading prayer of "God WHY would you have me work full time when I should be helping this little guy transition into our family?" Right after praying this, we found out that (A) had a hearing loss. This was found BECAUSE he was with me at the school where I work (The River School has an amazing full-time audiologist) and he was at that school BECAUSE I was working full time.
In just 4 days I will be leaving on a plane to join Jaqueline in Mexico as she welcomes her second baby girl into this world. It is still sinking in that it is a GIRL. I think she is happy about this, but for me it is going to be harder....especially if she looks like Ashley. I'm praying, though, that this little one waits for me to arrive so that I can be there when she is born! I wasn't able to witness Ashley's birth....I was only there when she left and it would be so incredibly special to be with Jaqueline for the birth of Allison (that is going to be her name).
Anyway, I will have my camera to take pictures, but won't have my computer or phone or anything so you'll have to wait a little while....I promise that I will post some, though!
Speaking of pictures. I haven't been able to take too many of the boys, but here is one of David taken by his teachers:
He is so special to me....
So is (A). Maybe one day I'll actually get to post some face shots of our styrofoam ball eating, body stamping, wall painting son. Yeah....he's had an interesting start to his school year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment