Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

BirthDAYS, BirthSTORIES, and BirthMOMS

BirthDAY

I'm still in denial that David is four. He is loving it as long as we reassure him that his teeth won't start falling out until he is five or six:).

BirthSTORY

"Once upon a time, you were in Mommy N's tummy..."

David is much more interested in his birth story now. I am so thankful that we know it and can share it with him.

BirthMOM

Today was special because we were able to celebrate David's birthday with his birth mom and SHE got to tell a little of his birth story. 

We went to Sandy Point and the kids had a blast splashing in the waves and digging in the sand. Here are some pictures:


Every once in a while I like to wonder what other people must think when we are all out in public. I am the one who sticks out a little and maybe people think I am the babysitter or something? Then of course, both boys are calling me 'mommy,' but they look more like the other woman standing next to the father...strange. I was asked today, "Are they both yours?" I say 'yes' and when they ask me if they are twins, I like to be honest and say, "Nope- they are six months apart" without elaborating.






I love our family. I love how normal it feels to hang out with David's birth mom.
 

 I am so grateful that we were able to share David's birthday with the woman who gave birth to him...with his other mom who loves him with all her heart. I'm so thankful that we don't feel threatened by each other, but are brought closer because of this amazing kid. God is so good and I don't want to take any of these moments for granted. 


... and I am praying that I take the time to cherish the new memories we are forming with (A) and that someday his birthMOM will be able to share his birthSTORY with him on his birthDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment