Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Embarrassing, but Funny

The boys and I were at the dollar store this evening.

A boy approached and stared at Anthony. Anthony knew he was looking at his hearing aids and so he explained:

"I lost my hearing and these are my hearing aids. They help me to hear. They have stickers, wanna see?"

"Aren't they cool?" I added.

The boy nodded and then started speaking to his mom and sister.

As we walked away, Anthony commented, "They speak a different language."

David added, "Yes, they speak Spanish."

I looked at both of my beautiful brown boys and felt utterly embarrassed. Just in case anyone was listening, I loudly added:

"Yes, you both need to learn Spanish. You should ask your DADDY to teach you."

To which Anthony responded, "Yeah, daddy knows a lot of Spanish because he's an ENGINEER and engineers know a lot."

No comments:

Post a Comment