Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ah ha! There are the tears...

I've been thinking about how smoothly the baby's transition has gone for everyone - especially the boys. They both verbalize that they miss him, but then happily say that they will see him again soon.

Then today, David FINALLY cried about it. I was proud of how far he has come with understanding his own emotions that he was able to link his tears to missing the baby. From the outside it looked like he was overreacting to a struggle with his Legos. 

When I asked him if there was something else upsetting him, he broke down and said that he was really sad about Baby C leaving.

I held him as he cried and then asked if he might want to read the book we made about the baby.

He did...we read the book and he held the stuffed monkey and just cried and cried.

He finally calmed down before we sat down for dinner and then before bed he was excited to see a picture of the baby in his Halloween costume.

I'm just glad he feels safe enough to share how he is feeling so we can support him through it.

Now I just need to figure out my youngest...his grieving process is a little more tricky to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment