Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Grocery Shopping

I rarely grocery shop with the boys and when I do, it is to buy 2-3 items as they can get pretty crazy if we stay in the store too long.

Well, today marked a momentous (perhaps slightly miraculous) occasion.

We stopped at the grocery store on our way home from school and the boys were SO helpful. We had a very long list of items, but they picked out and bagged tons of fruits and vegetables with an impressive amount of enthusiasm!

"Beets! I LOVE beets, mommy, they are my favorite."

"Ohhh, yeah, I really like kale too!"

"Mommy, these apples look juicy. Let's get some!"

Note: I must give credit to my husband for teaching the boys to like vegetables such as beets, kale, and collard greens. The boys help him to juice in the morning and when these vegetables are mixed with apples and pineapple...they taste delicious:).

When we arrived at the check-out line it was the true test. This is the point where they are normally wild because standing still after shopping just isn't an easy task. Well, they helped put all the food on the belt and wouldn't you know it- stood right next to me playing 'I Spy the number....' until we were done!

They were so proud of themselves and I was so proud of them too. It was such a big deal that I had to blog about it so that I wouldn't forget:).

No comments:

Post a Comment