Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Big Family

Bad things happen in this life. Horrible, bad things. David's birth mom has had to experience more than her fair share. So has (A)'s birth mom for that matter. 

To hear from David's Mommy N. how God has used her past experiences to empower her and how God is answering prayers before we ever expected....it is just incredible.

She spoke with David's big brother today, her oldest son. She was so excited to speak with him. It had been over a year.

When I called her after their conversation this morning, she was SO happy. It turns out that she may get to visit with him sometime in the near future!

"Maybe we can all go to church together." she said. "I told Ms. L (his adoptive mom) that I didn't used to have a family here, but now I have a big family. We have [and she listed everyone from (A) and his mom to the adoptive sister of David's big brother]."

This made me smile. She doesn't feel alone. She is feeling hopeful about the future. She is feeling stronger and not as afraid of people who hurt her in the past.

For me, the news of them visiting provides for me a much needed reminder that even when things don't turn out the way we expect or want them to....even when we experience great disappointment or pain...we can wait with expectation and hope because our prayers do NOT go unanswered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment