Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Girls & Boys

Last Saturday I went to bed with an unsettled feeling. I told Lee, "I'm worried about my girls. I hope that Jaqueline and Frida and Z. are ok. It has been too long since we've spoken or seen them."

It was true. I hadn't spoken with Jaqueline in weeks and felt guilty about it. The reason I hesitate to call is because my Spanish is horrible and I rely on Lee who is often traveling or tired at the end of the day when I want to call her:).

We had been in touch by email with Z's grandmother, but had not set a date to get together. The last time we saw her was in August!

Sunday afternoon, I called Z's grandma and got to speak with her on the phone! Oh what a precious gift that was. I don't know why, but I am still always amazed that she remembers us and that her fondness toward David is as strong as ever. We made plans for this upcoming weekend and she was very clear that she wanted to come over to our house. According to her grandma, Z has been talking about our plans with everyone she comes in contact with!

Sunday evening, I worked up the nerve to call Jaqueline without Lee present. It was comical. I think she agreed that Lee needs to be there to translate for us, but we spent about 45 minutes on the phone speaking VERY SLOWLY to each other in order to get our messages across. Frida is eating baby food now, she is long and thin. Jaqueline injured her knees in a fall and is very tired, but other than that....doing alright. She was quiet in the beginning of the conversation, but by the end she was back to her normal self.

I sure do love my girls and on Sunday night I slept easily knowing that they were all safe.

----

My boys. Where do I even begin? God is good .... one of them is doing extremely well and the other is struggling and hence...we are learning. I am learning the importance of patience and that healing always involves varying degrees of pain. At times I feel frustrated and at other times I just feel such sadness that he has to go through this...

I know, though, that God uses these hard times to grow us in ways that we could never imagine. I will now quote a song that David made up on our car ride home the other day:

God is great
He saved us
God is great, but you can't see him
God is with you even you can't see him
He wrote in the sky
He wrote I love you in the sky
That's true that he wrote I love you in the sky
In the sky
In the sky
Oh he writes I love you in the sky
Oh in the sky
Buses driving.. God is true
Cars driving, police cars driving.. God is true
Trucks driving ...God is true
GOD is true

1 comment: