Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

You Know You're a Foster/Adoptive Parent When....

1) You are about to be re-certified and have completed the following list:

- clean behind fridge and oven...check
- vacuum smoke detectors and replace batteries....check
- outlets covered...check
- medicine in locked cupboard...check
- fire escape plan posted on fridge and reviewed with children...check
- social service emergency numbers stored in phone...check

2) You call to schedule dentist appointments, and your conversation with the receptionist goes something like this:

Me: "Hi, I would like to set up an appointment for my two sons. First, David V___."
Receptionist: "Hmmm. What is his date of birth?"
Me: (date)
Receptionist: "Still can't find him."
Me: "That's strange, he has been a patient since he was 6 months old...oh wait, try David S___."
Receptionist: "Yep! There he is."
Me: "Can I also make an appointment for my other son?"
Receptionist: "Sure, does he have the same last name?"
Me: "No. His name is (A) XX and he was seen 6 months ago."
Receptionist: "I can't find him in the system either."
Me: "Oh, maybe he is under (A) WW-XX?"
Receptionist: "Yes- there he is."

Finally made the appointment after going through a total of four last names....haha.


3) Your little guy tells you, "Mommy, mommy...I miss mommy."

4)  You feel so blessed that you have the privilege of parenting such amazing kids who have other moms who get just as excited about big accomplishments as you do!

-----

Just a quick update from around here:
- Angelica, David's older sister in Ecuador, did not have the MRI done yesterday because there were people in worse condition and with more money than her. It was postponed until the 16th.

- David's fever finally broke and now we are just working on getting rid of his horrible cough!

-  Our house is off the market and it is SO nice to have a house that feels more like a home again- messes and all.

Alright, now I will try to be better at taking pictures so that I can post some more on here!

Night,
Kaari

No comments:

Post a Comment