I don't always understand God's timing, but I do trust that His purpose is always perfect.
Yesterday we were asked to consider welcoming A's 10 month old brother into our home. The boys need to be together and so if we declined, a home willing to take them both would be found. We were in agreement and support of the boys growing up together whether it was with us or with another family. The issue of space was/is our only problem.
I asked Lee to make the decision and we asked many of our close friends and family members to pray for him to have wisdom. He asked for me to give him a few days. It only took one...
To be honest, I was really surprised that his answer was 'yes' and even a little bit overwhelmed at the thought of having three boys. However, when I learned of how God provided him with this answer, I calmed down a little and we started talking logistics. Where are we all going to sleep? How will we fit? What do we have to do to get this place ready to sell? What if we can't sell? Where do we want to live? So many questions without answers. So many opportunities to trust in God, right?
We said goodbye and I sat down to write you all the Bible verse that God gave to Lee to confirm this answer:
"We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also out to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters. If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need, but shows no compassion- how can God's love be in that person?" 1 John 3:16-17
Then I read the verse right after...."Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions." 1 John 3:18. Look familiar? It is a different version, but if you take a look at the top of my blog...it is the same verse:).
So...ok, God, we're listening and as ready as we'll ever be! Please equip us to love these children as YOU love them....enable us to give up our lives for them just as Jesus did for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment