Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Worth It

This is a link to a video that I have been watching almost every night. I have yet to finish it without needing a tissue....

Depraved Indifference

Tonight I had an amazing conversation with David's birth mom. I love that she feels like a part of our family and also like a really good friend. She reminded me during our conversation about how God has consistently provided for our family. She asked,

"Remember when you were in the apartment and we needed a bigger house and we weren't sure how that was going to work, but God gave us a bigger house? And remember when you got into that accident and you needed a new car and I prayed for you and you told me that you had a new car? Sometimes I get angry with God about things, but I have been thinking a lot and I think He just wants us to help each other."

She then told me that she had money in savings and wanted to help us buy a bigger house because she sees how we are helping these other children and she wants to be a part of that too.

Wow.

My heart was touched. Not only because of the fact that she offered her hard-earned money, but because of the fact that her heart is so big that she is thinking not only of her son, but of the other children that God has called us to love.

Moments like this make me realize that we are simply a part of a bigger purpose.  Thank you, God, for using our family and our children to touch the lives of others in ways we can't even imagine...making all of the challenging moments totally and completely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment