Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I'm Writing Because...

...I don't have enough to do:).

Ok, that's not true. I just feel like writing a little before I head to sleep. The kids' lunches are packed for tomorrow, laundry is done, dishes are done, work is mostly done, and all I have left to do is fall asleep (now that is a task I don't mind).



I wanted to write a little about David. He has had some really sweet moments and some really not so sweet moments lately. I'll just write about the sweet moments.  Maybe even some funny ones.

On our drive home today, David talked a little more about A's little brother. We'll call him little A.

"I'm excited for little A to come live with us. I will make sure that he only plays with the safe toys, ok, mommy? I love little A." 

David recently learned about Mexico in his classroom and he was so excited when I showed him where it was on a map. Mexico makes him think of his daddy and Jaqueline of course. Here are some of his comments about Mexico, Jaqueline, Ashley, and heaven.

"My daddy was born in Mexico and Jaqueline lives there too. Ashley doesn't live in Mexico. She lives with Jesus in heaven. I'm so excited to go to heaven, mommy!"

David's birth mom asked that he write a gift list for our visit tomorrow. We wrote one this morning and it looks like this:


1) a big truck 
2) a race car 
3) another race car
4) another big truck 

David loves looking at the sky on our drive to and from work. The other day he commented, "Mommy, look at what a beautiful sky God made for us!" 


Thank you, God, for giving me two (soon to be three) sons who are full of life, love, and laughter. I pray that I won't ever take these precious moments for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment