Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What Did He Say?

Today was David's second day at day care and he is transitioning well other than a little set back in toileting. Who knew that a change in environment and schedule could send an almost potty-trained 3 year old back into diapers? I guess I do now. I'm not stressing about it because I am pretty sure he will be potty trained by the time he gets to high school :).

Upon returning home this afternoon, I asked David about his day. Here was his response. The speech pathologist in me would like to point out how he overgeneralizes the regular past tense -ed. This is normal. My favorite part is that last sentence!

"Ms. X was proud of me because I ate all my pancakes that had syrup and blueberries on top of them. But some of the pancakes falleded on the ground and I didn't eat those because they were DIRTY. They falleded on the ground, but Ms. X did not pick them up and throw them away. They just relaxeded on the ground and got more dirty!"

David didn't stop there...here was his comment from dinner tonight:

"I read the Bible and it said that mommy and daddy can eat vegetables and cheese."

Really? OK....

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog... curious to know how you found me...? :) Just glanced thru your blog and it sounds like y'all have had quite an adventure with fostering. Such an intense journey. Anyway... thanks for dropping a line.

    ReplyDelete