Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Slippery, Slimy, & Delicious

Yeah, I'm not really a bug person. While Lee encourages David to pick them up, I am often telling him, "Yuck, don't touch that. It's dirty!"

Don't get me wrong. I bought him a bug container with a magnifying glass for Easter last year and we went out exploring and picked up a couple bugs, but in general I am not a big fan.

Today I bit my lip and went with it. It wasn't that hard since I was mostly just watching and there were other kids getting their hands dirty too! We enjoyed a class at the local Nature Center that involved digging in dirt, collecting worms and other creatures, and then feeding them to a turtle and toad. THAT was interesting to watch! Wish I had taken more pictures of it, but I didn't.

Anyway, here is a picture of David and his buddy checking out the worms. David was more interested in poking at the worms than actually working to find them:).

No comments:

Post a Comment