If I didn't know better, I would say that my sweet, kind, loving son was swapped this weekend and in his place is a three year old who is constantly whining, screaming, rude...you name it!
What happened?? Please. If anyone knows...do share!
Ok. So I know that this is completely normal. I have taught three year olds and I knew it was more challenging than two. I guess I was just hopeful that David was an exception:).
I am trying to keep a sense of humor about it. Especially when he is screaming and thrashing out in public. As embarrassing as it is...there is no way I am going to give in to tantrums because I fear the consequence of THAT far more than the looks of other shoppers. It is a rough life when mommy won't let you run all over the grocery store. I gave a warning ("This is your warning. You need to walk close to mommy or you will have to sit in the cart."). He didn't listen and so in the cart he went...after he screamed at the top of his lungs for a few minutes.
Poor kid, he has a stubborn mommy. The louder he gets, the quieter I become. There is no use in talking until he has settled down. He tries, though, "MOOOMMMMYYY TALK TO ME!! AHHHH."
Tomorrow, weather permitting, I am going to try to get him outdoors so that he can expend all of that energy in a healthy way. If the weather isn't permitting....we are going to have a major 'dance party' at our house!
I'll let you know if it helps:).
Meanwhile, I will simply pray for patience and wisdom to know how to best guide and teach my little man. Ready or not, here we go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment