Today was the absolute best Mother's Day...ever.
Ok, so it isn't officially Mother's Day, but both of the boys had Mother's Day parties at school.
David's class had a restaurant theme and Anthony's class had a spa theme...they both went all out!
My morning started with being seated in a beautifully decorated chair (designed by David), served a delicious breakfast (eaten mostly by David), and gifted with an adorable picture frame (of David making different silly faces) and card.
My morning ended with a relaxing hand massage (compliments of Anthony), painting with water colors, some yoga, aromatherapy, book reading, and delicious banana bread (home-made by Anthony and his buddies). Oh yeah, and a hand-painted flower pot and card!
The quality time with both of the boys was SO nice....I am so grateful that God has blessed them both with such patient and loving teachers, too.
Lee joined me for Anthony's school IEP meeting at the end of the day. Our little man has made INCREDIBLE progress! Not to brag or anything, but his receptive vocabulary is at a 7 year level, expressive vocabulary is at a 6 year level, and....are you ready for this? His word discrimination (detecting if words varying by only one sound are the same or different) scores were above average...earning him an age-equivalent of greater than 9 years! That's pretty darn good for any 5 year old, let alone one who had only 60 words at 3 years of age and likely had a severe hearing loss (due to fluid and ear infections) off and on for those first years of his life.
The River School is amazing.
Ok...so can't you tell what a wonderful Mother's Day it was? Lee and I took the boys out to dinner and they were both awesome. So sweet and well-behaved.
Anthony's quote sums it up...
"Mommy, I am showing you I love you by listening to you and obeying you! I showed my teachers that I care about them today by listening to them too."
I am going to treasure this day forever...it couldn't have gone better:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment