Our time away to be with family was much needed. God used it to help me re-focus on Him. Isn't it crazy how easily the 'things' in our life can get in the way?
Would you like to see some pictures from our time in California? Of course! Here you go...
At the beach...an hour after landing in CA:).
Devouring some delicious tacos from Los Reyes.
Holding a bearded dragon...the very cool pet of our very cool cousins (who are technically his second cousins or something like that!).
Christmas Day nap...completely relaxed on Uncle Allan and Aunt Joanne's bed! (A) and I slept in the car... not fair if you ask me, BUT sleep is sleep and we were thankful to get it.
Riding on the carousel at the Wild Animal Safari Park. I think this might have started his obsession with tigers during the trip...
I just thought this picture was hilarious. Abuelo was showing the kids how the water in the bucket tips and David was making a run for it!
Uncle Jimmy took David to get his face painted. He chose a tiger.
Seaport Village with Lee's abuelos and Tia Mari. I think it is pretty cool that the boys were able to meet two sets of great grandparents!
San Diego Zoo...face painted like a tiger again...jungle jumping was the highlight. He tried so hard to flip backwards. (A) succeeded. No surprise there! We need to get that kid into gymnastics or something.
David threw a fit that night when I washed off his face paint. A screaming crying ridiculous fit. He was upset because without the paint, he couldn't be 'scary' anymore. Thus began the crazy tantrums (throwing himself on the floor of the airport because his stickers were starting to peel off his suitcase was a fun one)...it had been a while, but I guess we were pretty fortunate that he held it together through most of the trip. He already misses Abuelo and Abuela and YiaYia and Papa...that plus the time change are sure to make things around here slightly more interesting:).
-----
POTTY HUMOR
Lee and I are pretty strict when it comes to the boys using 'potty words.' Ironically, I usually find a lot of humor in the innocent potty humor.
The other day, we were in the car and the boys were singing Frosty the Snowman. David started making up his own version and it involved the word butt. As I turned my head back to him, the little booger quickly sang the line like this:
"Frosty the snowman had a big BUTTon nose."
I tried my hardest to conceal my laughter and pride at how clever he was!
Lunch at the San Diego Zoo:
David: "My bottom is really bothering me." (as he puts his hand down the back of his pants)
Me: "Yuck, David, don't put your hands in your pants. Why don't you go to the bathroom with daddy to check it out."
David: (showing his left hand) "I only touched it with this hand, daddy, not this one..." (as he picks up some of his food)
Me: "Ahhhh gross."
Lee: "I know which hand I won't be holding."







No comments:
Post a Comment