Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Adoption & an Adorable Quote

Just yesterday, my Aunt Ruth came by with her two youngest daughters [close in age to (A) and David]. They are an adoptive family as well and as all four of the kids were sitting down to lunch, I randomly felt this sense of excitement at the fact that all of our kiddos understand what it means to have both a mom and a birth mom. I love that adoption is such an important part of our extended family. We are so so blessed!

---------

This morning, we were at the Hispanic Market picking up groceries for tonight's dinner.

My Aunt Vikki was with us and the boys came along too. While Aunt Vikki, David, (A), and I were waiting on Lee to order a chicken....a little toddler walked up to our cart and hung on to it. (A) looked at him and said, "Hi niƱo!"

Then, he looked at me and said, "Maybe he can be in our family!"

Hahahahaha.

I love it.

No, we don't pick up children from the grocery store and add them to our family. That is wrong.

BUT the fact that my sometimes jealous and 'possessive of mommy' little man would be willing to share our family with some random child in the grocery store, tells me that God is beginning to shape HIS heart so that it is open to fostering and adoption as well:).

No comments:

Post a Comment