David's mom LOVES him with that real kind of love. The kind of love that allows you to make a sacrifice because you want what is best for your child...and only the best.
David's mom feels JOY when she is able to make him happy. Sure, she probably buys him more than she should, but it makes her feel like an important part of his life and she always knows just what he likes!
David's mom SUPPORTS his love and bond to us. When he gets upset about something, she'll often comment, "Don't worry, mommy (referring to me) is here. See, there she is!"
Interestingly, after all this time, I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see David get excited to see his mom. To see them spending quality time together and making new memories. I know we are going to have some bumps in the road at some point, but I am so thankful that David gets a chance to really know his mom. Most importantly, I am so thankful that David has a chance to learn more about real LOVE through his mom.
"Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
No comments:
Post a Comment