Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Putting the Fun Back in FUNky

The boys and I have been in a funk lately. We just weren't really having fun together and the irritability we felt from sadness was starting to separate us. I was nagging about things that weren't really important and the boys were picking on each other.

And so I asked for prayer that God would allow us to have a FUN day today. A day filled with connection, laughter, and love rather than directives and criticisms.

I am praising Him for such an amazing answer to prayer!!

We woke up and made cinnamon rolls for breakfast....blasting music and dancing in the kitchen. They made up their own 'Happy Brothers' dance:).


Then we went through and explored our Resurrection eggs - praying together and giving thanks for the sacrifice Jesus made for us on the cross. Two board games and a dance party later and I think we were all thankful for the joy we felt.

The day ended with a movie and ice cream for dinner.

Anthony voted that we have a "FUN DAY" once a week. I smiled and told him it was certainly special to spend time together. Not sure how often we'll have days full of just fun, but I am definitely hoping that we can be sure to have many moments throughout our days when we are just silly instead of serious with each other.

Here's to putting the fun back in FUNky!

No comments:

Post a Comment