We are in the process of making decisions about next school year.
I have not yet purchased any curriculum and am waiting until God has made clear His will for our family. This school year has gone very well and the boys have done great. They have enjoyed it and so have I. They still remain my favorite students and I know that I am spoiled by how well they learn together.
We will likely continue homeschooling for another year. Even so, I am trying to get them placed at a public school that I think would be a good fit for them both. That way we would at least have it has an option. Our main reason for considering this is because we do desire to continue fostering and while I know many people who are amazing and can handle teaching while caring for little ones...it is more challenging for me. Of course, I also know that God equips us for what He calls us to do and so we move forward with these decisions prayerfully.
Anyway, here are some recent pictures of the boys!
Decorating sugar cookies with their great-grandma's homemade frosting recipe. Yum.
The boys have worked for about a month, reading books and gathering interesting facts about the countries they chose to share at International Night. It was fun watching the process. They liked to compare their countries and share with each other interesting facts that they learned along the way. They were so proud to finally finish their very own poster boards. The only thing I helped them with was the lettering for the name of their countries and taping down their pictures.
Anthony cracked me up during International Night. He was passionate about sharing HIS country and even though I was there to help take over while he visited other tables, he would run back when he saw someone approaching and was insistent that he be the one to share all on his own.
So you can see why I am spoiled, right?
I am thankful for this season and praying that I remain content while allowing God to prepare us all for what might be next.




No comments:
Post a Comment