Pages

Friday, April 8, 2016

Invisible String

For the first time in a really long time, I dreamed about him.

I dreamed that he was back with us...we set up a bed for him and I was holding him and staring at him. I couldn't believe he was back. Then he was falling asleep and singing a song. I was surprised that he remembered the song and I started singing with him and just as he turned toward me, the dream was over.

Anthony dreamed about him last night too. He dreamed that he was back at the airport saying goodbye. We came back home and then Anthony left to go back to the airport by himself. Little D came back and then they found all of us only to say goodbye to him another time.

It has been almost a month since our last update. They are lasting longer, though. I am usually desperate to hear about him after a week, but this time it lasted about three weeks. I sent him a few videos of the boys and of me reading to him, but we need to send some more.

The boys still miss him desperately - especially at night.

Before Little D. left we talked a lot about how we have an invisible string connecting our hearts and that when he thinks of us, we will feel a tug on our strings and that when we think of him, he will feel a tug on his.

I was thinking a lot about that invisible string today...oh, how I miss our little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment