Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Special Moments

This afternoon, Little D wanted to watch some videos of himself. I took out my computer and showed him the many short clips we took of him last year while he was with us.

I have watched those clips many times since he left. Always with a tinge of sadness because I missed him so very much.

So there I was today....watching these clips again with Little D. sitting right next to me! He was smiling and asking to watch the video of him blowing out candles for his second birthday over and over again. It was a very special moment.

Little D loves music. He can listen to a song once and hum the tune. It is incredible. Little D loves for me to sing to him. His two favorites that he has been asking for over and over again are:

Jesus Loves Me
I am Jesus' Little Lamb

As he is falling asleep and I stop singing one, he will whisper the name of the other as his eyes slowly droop to a close. I soak it all in because I know that it won't be long until this is all just a memory and I don't want to forget such a special moment.

I am truly amazed at how my God works. Truly thankful. Truly blessed. Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would have the chance to hold and rock and sing and play with sweet Little D again. One year later. What a gift.

I thank God for each and every special moment we have the privilege to share with Little D during these three weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment